Thursday, March 6, 2008

March Diversions

I mentioned in a previous post that I was starting to hand paint some of the etchings I had done a few years back.  One was "gold leafed" and seen in a previous post.  The one below is my first hand coloring job.  Fun and mind relaxing.


This yellow one is small, 4 x 6.  I'm planning to go to Hobby Lobby and get some nice frames to pop these into, ready for the Spring Art Tour.  I'll post various versions of this same etching when I finish them.The following painting is done on arches hot press using watercolor and guache.  I am playing around with figures and opaque w/c after taking a class with Donna Zagotta.




I picked up a fancy frame, gold leaf, at Hobby Lobby, $20 with glass and gold leaf moulding, size 12 x 40... which makes for an interesting format.  Here's where I went with it.  I really look forward to seeing it framed up.





No comments: